Alright, I’m really bad at this. Lots going on.
One of the advantages of running a newsfeed engine is that I’m always coming across really interesting new sites to check out and follow.
The Substack economy has been a boon to readers. The ecosystem is the richest it’s been since the golden age of blogging in the mid-2000s. I love it when I come across some new longer-form writers.
Here are some of my new favorites that you should probably try out:
- Culture Study, by Anne Helen Petersen
- The Snap Forward, by Alex Steffen
- After School, by Casey Lewis which is making me far more in touch with my teenaged daughters.
- Evil Witches by Claire Zulkey
- Men Yell at Me, by Lyz Lenz
- Burnt Toast by Virginia Sole-Smith
- CyberDisobedience by John Aravosis
- Mothers Under the Influence by Kathryn Jezer-Morton
- Is My Kid the *******? By Melinda Wenner Moyer
- The AP by Alex Pareene
- Diplomatic by Laura Rozen
I hope to be able to do more “linky goodness” posts this year. I’m just heads-down in launch mode, so it’s harder to carve out the fifteen minutes or so each day. I need to get back at it.
(I’d also be fascinated to know what you think of it…)
Or, I share a lot of links on Twitter, so there’s that, too.
I’ll be back sometime between tomorrow and eventually.