Alright, I’m really bad at this. Lots going on.
One of the advantages of running a newsfeed engine is that I’m always coming across really interesting new sites to check out and follow.
The Substack economy has been a boon to readers. The ecosystem is the richest it’s been since the golden age of blogging in the mid-2000s. I love it when I come across some new longer-form writers.
Here are some of my new favorites that you should probably try out:
- Culture Study, by Anne Helen Petersen
- The Snap Forward, by Alex Steffen
- After School, by Casey Lewis which is making me far more in touch with my teenaged daughters.
- Evil Witches by Claire Zulkey
- Men Yell at Me, by Lyz Lenz
- Burnt Toast by Virginia Sole-Smith
- CyberDisobedience by John Aravosis
- Mothers Under the Influence by Kathryn Jezer-Morton
- Is My Kid the *******? By Melinda Wenner Moyer
- The AP by Alex Pareene
- Diplomatic by Laura Rozen
I hope to be able to do more “linky goodness” posts this year. I’m just heads-down in launch mode, so it’s harder to carve out the fifteen minutes or so each day. I need to get back at it.
In the meantime, if you’re looking for some more sites I’m paying attention to, you can check out what I’m following on Serendeputy, or just look over my deputy’s shoulder.
(I’d also be fascinated to know what you think of it…)
Or, I share a lot of links on Twitter, so there’s that, too.
I’ll be back sometime between tomorrow and eventually.